Email Marketing is a keystone of any business’s marketing plan. However, poorly managed email campaigns and subscriber lists will only damage your own company’s brand and your ability to maintain high email delivery moving forward. It also has indirect repercussions on our company and other MyEmailProgram.com customers.
- Mailing List Source: You may not import or use any purchased, leased, borrowed, or acquired list of subscribers. All subscribers must be obtained directly as described below.
- Opt-In Required. We require that each subscriber directly opt-in to receiving any electronic content. We strongly encourage all users to utilize a double opt-in service. Double opt-in requires that users confirm their subscription via email after filling out a web based form.
- Unsubscribe Link Required: Every email sent must contain the software provided, valid, unsubscribe link. Merely including instructions to unsubscribe, asking people to reply, or any other human administrated system is NOT sufficient.
- You must also accept and process unsubscribe requests that come via mail, email, or over the phone.
- Bounce Processing: You must actively utilize the built in Bounce Processing features to process bounced mail. Once an email address has bounced, you may no longer include that email address in any future mailings.
- List Management: You may not copy subscribers from one contact list to another without their explicit permission or consent.
- Old Mailing Lists: An old mailing list is defined as a list of subscribers that have not been contacted for over 18 months. You may not import old mailing lists. You may not send email or other electronic content to subscribers on old email lists. Take care to keep some level of contact with your subscribers to prevent the list from becoming “old.”
- Subject Lines: Your subject line may not be in any way misleading or deceptive. It must be congruent with the content in the body of your email.
- Sender clarity: You must correctly identify you or your organization (of which you are an authorized representative) as the sender of the email. This includes making sure the from email address is valid and correctly identifies the sender. The company information; to include business name, full address, and contact phone number; must be listed somewhere in the every email.
- No Selling / Trading Lists: You may not sell, trade, or lease your subscriber list to a 3rd party.
- Legal Compliance: Beyond these guidelines, you are responsible to ensure your content and email practices conform with all applicable international, federal, and local laws.